Brought to you by:
Welcome to the Movement is
Life Caucus website!
Announcing 2017 Featured Caucus Speakers
David A. Ansell, MD, MPH
Senior Vice President, Systems Integration, Rush University Medical Center
Michael E. Kelly, MD, Presidential Professor, Rush University Medical Center
Author, County: Life, Death, and Politics at Chicago’s Public Hospital and The Death Gap: How Inequality Kills
Camara Phyllis Jones, MD, MPH, PhD
Senior Fellow, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine
Immediate Past President, American Public Health Association (Term ending Nov. 2017)
Adjunct Associate Professor, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
Dan Heath, MBA
Senior Fellow, Duke University, CASE Center
Author, Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die, Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard,
Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work and The Power Of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact
Reverend Dr. W. Franklyn Richardson
Senior Pastor, Grace Baptist Church
President, VPE Tradigital Communications
Carol R. Naughton
President, Purpose Built Communities
Movement Is Life, in collaboration with Bloomberg, is sponsoring the event: Perspectives on Health Disparities in Medicare Bundled Payments, October 3, 2017.
Click here for more information
Movement is Life is a multi-disciplinary coalition seeking to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in muscle and joint health by promoting physical mobility to improve quality of life among women, African Americans and Hispanics.
To Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Patient, Healthcare Provider, Community and Policy Levels.
Decrease musculoskeletal health disparities among women and racial/ethnic minorities by raising awareness of their impact on chronic disease management and quality of life. By promoting the importance of early intervention, we seek to slow musculoskeletal disease progression, reduce disability and encourage physical activity and daily movement to improve the overall health of the nation.
Be a catalyst for change by energizing multi-disciplinary work groups to develop measurable, short-term action plans that “move the needle” on critical factors that drive musculoskeletal disparities. We must find ways to make an impact now, while long-term solutions are being developed.
There is no registration fee to attend this meeting. Limited financial assistance may be provided for non-healthcare providers only. Click here for more information.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- American Association of Latino Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Telemedicine Association
- Association of Minority Health Professions Schools
- Conference of National Black Churches
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- National Black Nurses Association
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Nth Dimensions Education Solutions
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- To Our Children's Future with Health
- United States Bone and Joint Initiative
- W. Montague Cobb/NMA Health Institute