Brought to you by:
Movement Is Life Proudly Welcomes
Dayna Bowen Matthew, JD
Professor, University of Colorado Law School and Colorado School of Public Health
Author of Just Medicine: A Cure for Racial Inequality in American Healthcare
Welcome to the Movement is Life Caucus website!
Movement is Life is a multi-disciplinary coalition seeking to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in muscle and joint health by promoting physical mobility to improve quality of life among women, African Americans and Hispanics.
To Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Patient, Healthcare Provider, Community and Policy Levels.
Decrease musculoskeletal health disparities among women and racial/ethnic minorities by raising awareness of their impact on chronic disease management and quality of life. By promoting the importance of early intervention, we seek to slow musculoskeletal disease progression, reduce disability and encourage physical activity and daily movement to improve the overall health of the nation.
Be a catalyst for change by energizing multi-disciplinary work groups to develop measurable, short-term action plans that “move the needle” on critical factors that drive musculoskeletal disparities. We must find ways to make an impact now, while long-term solutions are being developed.
Caucus Registration Information
Partial List of Participating Organizations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Latino Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Telemedicine Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Association of Minority Health Professions Schools, Inc.
- Conference of National Black Churches
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- National Black Nurses Association
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Nth Dimensions Education Solutions
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- To Our Children's Future with Health
- United States Bone and Joint Initiative
- W. Montague Cobb/NMA Health Institute