Brought to you by:
Welcome to the Movement is Life Caucus website.
We are a diverse group of individuals and organizations focused on improving the health of the nation as a whole by helping eradicate disparate healthcare for certain communities.
Decrease musculoskeletal health disparities among women and racial/ethnic minorities by raising awareness of their impact on chronic disease management and quality of life. By promoting the importance of early intervention, we seek to slow musculoskeletal disease progression, reduce disability and encourage physical activity and daily movement to improve the overall health of the nation.
Be a catalyst for change by energizing multi-disciplinary work groups to develop measurable, short-term action plans that “move the needle” on critical factors that drive musculoskeletal disparities. We must find ways to make an impact now, while long-term solutions are being developed.
- Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Healthcare Provider Level
- Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Community Level
- Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Patient Level
- Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Policy Level
There is no registration fee to attend this meeting. Limited financial assistance may be provided for non-healthcare providers only. Click here for more information.
Partial List of Participating Organizations
- American Association of Latino Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Diabetes Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Psychological Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Association of Black Cardiologists
- Association of Minority Health Professions Schools, Inc.
- Conference of National Black Churches
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- National Black Nurses Association
- National Hispanic Council on Aging
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Nth Dimensions Education Solutions
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- To Our Children's Future with Health
- United States Bone and Joint Initiative
- W. Montague Cobb/NMA Health Institute