Brought to you by:
Welcome to the Movement is Life Caucus website!
On behalf of Movement Is Life, we would like to thank you for attending the 7th Annual Movement Is Life National Caucus on Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Health Disparities on November 10-11! We would also like to thank our diverse and dynamic speakers who provided in-depth insight and practical information to help eliminate disparities among women and racial/ethnic minorities. Congratulations to the 2016 Vanguard Award recipient, Eliseo J. Pérez-Stable, MD, Director, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH)!
Dr. Mary I. O’Connor
Chair, Movement Is Life
Mark your calendar
the 2017 Caucus will be November 9-10!
2016 Caucus Featured Speaker
Movement is Life is a multi-disciplinary coalition seeking to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in muscle and joint health by promoting physical mobility to improve quality of life among women, African Americans and Hispanics.
To Reduce Musculoskeletal Health Disparities at the Patient, Healthcare Provider, Community and Policy Levels.
Decrease musculoskeletal health disparities among women and racial/ethnic minorities by raising awareness of their impact on chronic disease management and quality of life. By promoting the importance of early intervention, we seek to slow musculoskeletal disease progression, reduce disability and encourage physical activity and daily movement to improve the overall health of the nation.
Be a catalyst for change by energizing multi-disciplinary work groups to develop measurable, short-term action plans that “move the needle” on critical factors that drive musculoskeletal disparities. We must find ways to make an impact now, while long-term solutions are being developed.
Partial List of Participating Organizations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Latino Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Telemedicine Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Association of Minority Health Professions Schools, Inc.
- Conference of National Black Churches
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses
- National Black Nurses Association
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- Nth Dimensions Education Solutions
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- To Our Children's Future with Health
- United States Bone and Joint Initiative
- W. Montague Cobb/NMA Health Institute